I actually created this recipe before I went Keto, but the macronutrient profile decidedly puts them into ketogenic diet territory. I made them again this morning and thought I would share. They are pretty yummy, and very filling. I like to make these cinnamon-y, but feel free to omit the cinnamon and sweetener from the recipe as it will not change the texture a bit.

Keto Pancakes

1 -8 oz. brick Cream Cheese, full fat, softened
4 eggs
1/2 t vanilla
2 T coconut flour
1 t Splenda, or other sweetener proportionally measured to equal 1 t sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1 t baking soda
2 to 3 T coconut oil for cooking (or other oil of your choosing)

Directions

Cream the softened cream cheese with a hand blender. Add eggs, one at a time, until each is incorporated into the cream cheese. Add vanilla, then add dry ingredients, mixing until well blended. Ladle onto griddle or pan when your oil is heated, set on medium-low to medium temperature, by 1/8 C or so each pancake, spreading the batter out a bit after pouring. Flip when the edges look cooked. When done serve with your choice of toppings (I used sugar free pancake syrup on the ones in the photo. I also topped them with butter for more fatty goodness!). Makes approximately 18 smallish pancakes.


I added the coconut oil (2 T) into the counts here as these pancakes absorb the oil you cook them in. Serves three people, six pancakes each.