So, it's been over a year since I last posted, and so much has happened in that span of time...and a few things I was afraid were going to happen, didn't.

I was married to the love of my life last May. It has been the most blissful year of marriage ever, even though other things around us weren't so wonderful. My mother, whom I talk about in this post, survived her ordeal, and after many struggles with MRSA and VRE, had her left leg amputated below the knee. She is better, but still recovering.

I definitely got off track where low carb eating was concerned during that time, and ended up gaining a bit of weight. Thank goodness I didn't get hideously sidetracked and gain back what I had lost and more. No, I had changed my eating habits enough that this has been the most minor of setbacks, and I have been back on track and the excess baggage is coming off quite nicely. I just want to make it clear that low carb hasn't failed me...I failed IT for a while.

While I haven't kept up with my blog, I have kept up with some of my favorite bloggers/low carb community peeps, and the latest studies on health and diet. I have been pleased to see a move in the mainstream way of thinking away from low fat eating, even if it is ever-so-slight.

It is my hope that I won't lose the momentum this time, and I will be blogging on a fairly regular basis again. It won't be daily, but weekly or bi-weekly, unless I can eke out some extra writing time here and there. Sometimes my job and family take up all my available time, and they do come first! I want to get back to it, though... I have some things I want to say and share.