There are actually a lot of wheat bellies around, but that's not the sighting I am talking about. I noticed the latest edition of Woman's World Magazine has an article featuring Dr. William Davis, of the Heart Scan Blog, whose book Wheat Belly is soon to hit the shelves.


You would think with a blog name like No Pain, No Grain that Dr. Davis would be a man after my own heart, and for all intents and purposes, he is...I just happen to believe there is more to health and weight loss than cutting out the wheat, though it's a pretty good start. Grains are evil.


Do I think you can lose 30 pounds in 30 days by cutting wheat from your diet? Well, it happened to me, so I'd say it's possible, but your mileage may vary. If you cut the wheat and find that you're not losing much you may also try cutting starchy vegetables (like potatoes) and dairy and see how things progress after that. Regardless of any weight lost, you will be doing yourself a favor by not eating wheat. Dr. Davis highlights some of the benefits in the WW article:


I am definitely putting this book on my wish list, it should be a good read.